Skip to main content

My April 2023 TBR


Six of Crows & Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo

I can't believe that being the fantasy fan that I am, I haven't read this yet. I bought these back in December last year and I've been waiting to read them so I have a few days to binge. I've got them marked for the Easter Bank holiday!


A Fatal Crossing - Tom Hindle

I tried reading this last year and I think I just wasn't in a great place at the time - I made it about 40% of the way through. It'd one of the few books I've ever DNF'd, BUT I don't think that's anything to do with the book itself - so I'm going to give it another go. 


Fatherland - Robert Harris

For some reason, this book has always intrigued me and this month I WILL read it. The premise is of what could have happened in the UK had Germany won the second world war. Knowing what we now know, I'm keen to see how it plays out. 


My Killer Vacation - Tessa Bailey

A spontaneous find a few months ago, but I've enjoyed the other Tessa Bailey books so far. Looks like it's going to be a different from what I've read before but I'm hoping it's going to be steamy easy read. 


Belladonna - Adalyn Grace

I'm holding my hands up - this was a cover based read. I actually won my copy from a Twitter competition by the lovely Roxie (The Bookish Bluebird) and I've been eagerly awaiting a nice weekend of nothing to get stuck in. 


Children of Time - Adrian Tchaikovsky

After reading Project Hail Mary, I went on a bit of a discovery of Sci-Fi books and this one really piqued my interest. I'd never heard of it before and it's the first instalment of a trilogy. 


The Leviathan - Rosie Andrews

Another spontaneous buy; this time from a trip to Waterstones with money burning a whole in my pocket. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie

​Started: Saturday 2nd July 2022 Finished: Saturday 2nd July 2022 Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ On Saturday I travelled up to London to see Beauty and The Beast at the London Palladium and with a four hours on a train, I wanted something I could really get stuck into. I need a book small enough to fit in my bang, fast paced enough to lose myself in and lighthearted enough not to impact my mood and Murder On The Orient Express was perfect. My second delve into the Agatha Christie catalogue, I’ve already labelled her books as “filler” books - perfect for one sitting and clever enough to keep me guessing without the dreaded Book Hangover. Murder On The Orient Express sees the infamous Monsieur Hercule Poirot have an urgent recall to England, cutting his leisure time short. But oddly, the sleeper train is full, a strange and unexplained circumstance given the time of year. Through his years of connections, a temporary cabin is found to be shared with McQueen - the travel companion for Ratchett; and ...

DNF - The Final Revival of Opal & Nev - Dawnie Walton

I've been looking forward to this book so long but I'm just not in the right headspace for it. If you loved the writing style of Daisy Jones & The Six , you'll love this. In a similar vein, The Final Revival of Opal & Nev visits the history of these two performers in the 70s through interviews and accounts of the people that knew them.  Everything about it is fantastic, the imagery, the tone - everything.  I'm about 100 pages in and it's just not grabbing me at the moment. Could be something to do with the excessive weather we're having. So for now, I'm going to put it back on my TBR and try again another time. 

Midnight In Everwood - M.A.Kuzniar

Midnight In Everwood was an impulse purchase based on the cover because LOOK AT IT! It's stunning. Of course, I'd taken a look over the synopsis and the idea of a retelling of the infamous Nutcracker story was definitely too delicious to pass up.  It was relatively new out when I first purchased it but I left it until December before picking it up - purposely because I knew it would give me all of the Christmas feels.  I don't think I've been alone in this - I've noticed a few people post up about reading Midnight in Everwood this month and we've all been saying the same thing... it isn't the easiest book to read.  The first half dragged for me, it was relatively slow paced at first and had I not had the temptation of The Nutcracker retelling in the back of my mind, I probably would have DNF'd it.  But I persevered and the second half of the book really ramped up. I think it took about 2/3 days to get to the second half but once I was there, I couldn...